Welcome to Recognition First
Recognition First works closely with enterprises all over Australia to identify and address training and development needs of their staff. Once identified, the key to meaningful development is a training program that truly improves your staff. We work with organisations to develop staff with the skills, behaviours and knowledge that will enhance the productivity of the workplace. We have at times been called intrusive because unless training and development is built on and within your systems it is of little value. We need to know your policies, procedures, strategic and operational plan, budget processes etc. so we can create, build and implement development and training programs that truly build employees who can better do their job now and in the future.
With this in mind we offer the following services:
- consultation so you can investigate and discuss what you are doing,
- professional development across targeted short programs,
- in house training or coaching of your managers, team leaders, co-ordinators and/or staff,
- expert advice on management and leadership,
- independent facilitation of your processes such as policy development, strategic planning, staff review etc.,
- accreditation, auditing and evaluation processes,
- Training and Assessment across a range of National Qualifications.
- Recognition First is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with a scope of qualifications in which we train and assess across Australia
Jan Green, Director of Recognition First, also owns a local child care service in rural New South Wales, River Heights Child Care Centre.
As the Approved Provider of the Service this allows Jan and her team to stay current on all areas and regulations related to the daily running of a Service. Recognition First trainers spend at least two weeks a year working at the Service which helps remind us all how busy and demanding the work our students do is.
In 2016 the Service went through Assessment and Rating and our very new team of staff achieved a rating of Meeeting. This is great news when we acknowledge that our two new trainees had only worked for 2 months and both Room Leaders had only been in their roles for around the same time.
The Nominated Supervisor of the centre is Robin Catling, who runs a small team of exceptional carers. Her Educational leadership has supported, and builts strong staff teams.
In 2013 the centre was nominated and were finalists in eight categories at the Australian Child Care Week Awards, including:
- Best Overall NSW Regional Child Care Week Program
- Best One Day Program
- Best Program Highlighting Children's Safety
- Best Program Involving Families
One of our staff won Outstanding Contribution by an Individual - Cecile Christensen and River Heights was the NSW State Winner of the award for Best Program Highlighting Children's Well-being - Regional.
Well done to Robin and her fanstastic team at River Heights.